Washtenaw Sportsman's Club (WSC) is dedicated to the advancement and excellence of the shooting sports. Founded in 1946, WSC is located west of Ypsilanti on almost two hundred wooded, rolling acres. We have a number of facilities and ranges that support each of the shooting disciplines . We are proud of the fact that each discipline can boast both State and National Champions!
WSC has some of the finest archery ranges in the state. Our indoor range features 24 shooting lanes with distances up to 35 yards. Our outdoor ranges include a PAA range, a 3-D range, as well as field hunter and broadhead silhouette ranges.
The Pistol and Small-bore Rifle Ranges feature a covered firing line with distances from 25 to 100 yards. Bowling pins, steel plate shoots, and IDPA style shoots are scheduled throughout the year. In addition, .22 Caliber small-bore silhouette matches are conducted from the spring through the fall months each year.
The Trap and Skeet ranges are host to leagues, open practice and muzzle loader skeet shoots. Our unique layout allows Trap and Skeet to be shot simultaneously.
The muzzle loading range has a covered and enclosed firing line with shooting distances up to 200 yards. Flintlock, cap and ball, and black powder metallic cartridge shoots are conducted year round. A hawk and knife range is located next to the muzzle loader range.
WSC has one of the longest rifle ranges in the state. Shooting distances up to 600 yards are available. Covered shooting is available for distances up to 200 yards. Our rifle range is host to organizations such as the Cast Bullet Association, Varminter Biathlon and Hi-Power rifle groups.
WSC hosts a compliment of programs for youth:
- Washtenaw Sportsman Junior Archery Program is conducted in our clubhouse archery range during the winter months.
- The NRA Junior Rifle Program is conducted year round. During the winter months, participants shoot air rifles indoors; then, move outdoors for work with .22 caliber rifles and pistols when warmer weather returns. Each participant receives safety training and works towards their expert certificate.
Each year we sponsor a number of events involving the community.
- Several Boy Scout camp outs and activities are conducted in which the scouts earn a variety of merit badges.
- A Cub Scout day camp is conducted several days each year.
- WSC hosts the Wild Women of Washtenaw event every year. This event is unique in that only women are allowed to participate. Camping, camaraderie and education is the venue, enjoyed by the women and instructors alike.
- Each October we host Deer Hunter Firearm Sight In Days on our rifle range.
We are a conservation organization. We are affiliated with the Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC). We sponsor a cabin at the MUCC Cedar Lake Kids Camp and assist the organization with camp maintenance. The Cedar Lake facility is a joint cooperative effort of MUCC, it's affiliated clubs and The Michigan DNR that teaches conservation and passes our outdoor heritage to future generations.
WSC is affiliated with many conservation and shooting sports organizations. A detailed listing of our affiliations can be found below under Affiliations.
We are an education organization, providing training by certified instructors to members and the community in areas such as:
- Hunters Safety
- Personal Protection
- Range Safety Officer
- Shooting Instructor
- NRA Junior Rifle Program
ContactStreet Address: 5095 Ellis Rd, Ypsilanti Township, MI 48197
Mailing Address: PO Box 971886, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Website Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
AffiliationsWSC is an affiliated club of the following organizations:
- Archery Shooters Association (ASA)
- Cast Bullet Association (CBA)
- Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)
- International Bow hunting Organization (IBO)
- National Archery Association
- National Field Archery Association
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Michigan Archers Association (MAA)
- Michigan Archery Shooters Association (MASO)
- Michigan Coalition Of Responsible Gun Owners (MCRGO)
- Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC)
Maps and Directions
Traveling east on I-94, take Exit 181 to US 12 West (Michigan Avenue).
Traveling west on I-94, take Exit 181A to US 12 West.
Ellis Road is the first road left off Michigan Ave.. It makes two sharp turns before heading directly south about a mile to the WSC. As the pavement ends, turn left to the WSC entrance, 5095 Ellis Road. Follow road 1/4 mile to main clubhouse on the left.
Map Of Grounds
How to Become a Candidate for Membership in the Washtenaw Sportsman's Club
Those interested in applying for membership may download the Membership Candidacy Application and instructions by clicking here
Washtenaw Sportsman's Club - Objectives
The objectives of the club shall be:
- To provide the grounds and facilities necessary for education, training, practice and competition in the several firearm and archery sports and disciplines;
- To educate and support efforts to educate Club members and others in the safe, legal maintenance and use of firearms;
- To maintain and preserve Club grounds and facilities for these purposes and as a means of conserving and preserving such natural resources and to otherwise practice and support the conservation and preservation of our country's natural resources; and
- To maintain and develop, by precept and example, the principles of ethical and civil conduct, sportsmanship and fair play at the Club and beyond, and to support efforts to educate Club members and others in these principles of conduct, and in the conservation and preservation of our country's natural resources.
- Michigan's Traditional Archery
- Bowfishing Association of Michigan
- Detroit Archers
- IBO - International Bow hunting Organization
- Junior Olympic Archery Development
- Michigan Archers Association
- Michigan Bow hunters Association
- National Field Archery Association
- Pope & Young Club
- The Bowsite
- CastBullet Association
- CMP - Civilian Marksmanship Program
- MCRGO - Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners
- MUCC - Michigan United Conservation Clubs
- National Rifle Association
Clubs & Organizations
- Dundee Sportsman's Club
- US Sportsman's Alliance
- Pheasants Forever - Washtenaw County - Chapter 151
- Tri-County Sportsmen's League
For Ladies Only
- Highpower & 22 Rifle Silhouette Shooting in Michigan
- National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
- Michigan Rifle and Pistol Association
- Rifle Silhouette Shooting
- SilhouetteBallistics Version 9.0
State of Michigan